For more independent information about Geothermal Heating and Cooling Systems as well as how to conserve energy, please visit the following sites.
- GeoExchange The Geothermal Exchange Organization (GEO) is a non-profit trade association, promoting the manufacture, design and installation of geothermal systems.
- IGSHPA The International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA) is a non-profit, member-driven organization established to advance ground source heat pump technology through education and communication. The site offers a directory of IGSHPA accredited installers.
- U.S. Department of Energy The Geothermal Technologies Program offers basic information on geothermal heat pumps.
- EPRI The Electric Power Research Institute: is an independent, non-profit company performing research, development and demonstration in the electricity sector for the benefit of the public.
- ENERGY STAR ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
- Heat Pump Centre The IEA Heat Pump Centre (HPC), an international information service for heat pumping technologies, applications and markets.
- Phillip Rye Phillip Rye, son of nationally recognized energy conservation guru Doug Rye, is a residential energy consultant and home designer. His online forum, the Home Energy Action Guide, features articles and information about home energy planning.
- GreenBuildingTalk GreenBuildingTalk is the largest, most active forum on green building. You can view and comment on a variety of forums, including Design & Planning and Building & Construction. The site also features a directory of green products, manufacturers and builders.
- Green Thinker Network A digital catalog for the Green Building Industry. The site features green building products and service providers who utilize innovative building practices and eco design solutions. They offer alternatives for green-minded professionals and consumers searching for eco-friendly options.
- ACCA Air Conditioning Contractors of America is a non-profit association serving businesses and professionals in the HVAC community, promoting energy efficiency, and healthy, comfortable indoor environments. Their website has industry resources and consumer information.