About Hydron Module
Hydron Module® branded geothermal heating and cooling systems have been in production for over two decades. Millbrook Hutterian Brethren, a Hutterite Community, founded the brand in 1989.
- 1989 Hydron Module started out in a 1,200 square foot building used by the community for electrical maintenance. A three-ton unit with a stainless steel cabinet was designed and built from components that came from equipment maintenance stock. Millbrook was at that time converting all their heating & cooling equipment to ground source technology.
- 1993 The Hydron Module brand expanded. A testing facility was built and Hydron Module production was moved into a larger building. A full line of forced air equipment, 1.5 through 5 tons, were designed and built to meet all certification guidelines.
- 1995 Millbrook completed all certifications and started marketing the Hydron Module brand throughout the Central United States.
- 1997 The production facility expanded to 4,800 square feet and started to develop a wider variety of products for the geothermal industry.
- 2000 Production footprint again expanded to total 10,000 square feet.
- 2001 Hydron Module had grown into a production company and Millbrook decided to make Hydron Module a limited liability corporation; so Hydron Module, LLC was formed and a new 55,000 square foot facility was built for the company.
- 2005 Hydron Module, LLC started growing beyond its new facility. A 20,000 square foot facility in Mitchell, SD was purchased enabling production sufficient to meet the needs of the growing industry.
- 2007 The Hydron Module brand, intellectual property and manufacturing facilities were sold to Enertech Manufacturing, LLC. Hydron Module, the company, ceased to exist, while Hydron Module the geothermal brand continued to be produced by Enertech Manufacturing, LLC.
- Today After two plant expansions, Hydron Module systems continue to be produced in Mitchell, South Dakota, in the now 80,000 square foot state-of-the art production facility. Quality craftsmanship continues to be the foundation of the Hydron Module brand.